Monday, April 26, 2010
Well, Joel and I completed one more big step yesterday by getting the cockpit seats put in. Joel did a great job of making these seats from scratch by making templates out of plywood, glassing over them, priming and then painting them with non-skid paint, and then attaching the teak trim (which he had refurbished). I have to say, they look great! We also got the lifelines back on the boat. Eventually, we plan on replacing the lines, but they'll do for this year. Now all we have to do is get the dome in that goes over the sliding hatch, and then we can turn our attention back to the interior.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
I just got back from racing at CRW in Charleston, S.C. HERE IS A COOL CLIP OF THE WEEKEND!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
So, on our last trip to the boat, Joel and I managed not only to get the tarp off of the boat; we also managed to get the brand-new hatch installed! Plus, while he was fitting the hatch, I was scrubbing out the mess he made when he sanded the off the adhesive that was under the thin carpeting that lined the hull... let's just say I hauled more than a couple of buckets of water to get that mess cleaned up. But anyway, she's coming along pretty nicely considering we only get to see her about one day a week. Here's a pic of Joel and me before we got coated in sweat, dirt, and caulk... more will follow soon!